The Benedictine Abbey of St Maurice (Clervaux - Eselborn)
The magnificient and impressive Neo-Romanesque structure of the Benedictine abbey of St Maurice is situated high above the town at the top of the woody and windy heights of Clervaux.
Seven time a day, the monks divide their time between personal and communal praye and work. The main emphasis lies on the communal chorus prayers, on psalm and hymn singing and on the celebration of the divine service. In the crypt of the abbey there is an exhibition showing an excellent collection of photos. The souvenir shop in the abbey offers an interesting selection of valuable books and art objects. Every day, visitors are allowed to assist to the mess at 10.30.
more infos at www.abbaye-clervaux.lu.
The Parish Church (Clervaux)
The parish church built in 1910/1911 is of Rhenan-Romanesque style. It is situated slightly above the castle on a rocky mountain-ridge.
The twin church spires with their pyramidal diamond-shaped roofs are both impressive and elegant. The windows of the spires and the various arches underline the Romanesque character of the edifice. The gable of the facade shows a striking stone-engraved represantatiion of the Crucifixion by the master Piedboeuf of Aachen.
The Loreto Chapel (Clervaux)
On a slight elevation just outside he park of the castle in the vicinity of the station, you will have the pleasure of admiring an interesting little chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Loreto. This majestic Rococo building was created in 1762 for Count Adrian John Baptist of Lannoy, Count of Clervaux.
The remarkable XIIIth century church (Munshausen)
Inside this remarkable building, thera are the tombstones of several counts and coubtesses of Clervaux. The Chapel of the counts is open to visite every day from 10.00 - 18.00. for a guided visite, please reserve +352 92 0072 or email@example.com.