The mill is alive!
You will not be shown inanimate exhibits, but living craft. Since 1824, the creaky mill work of the Rackésmillen in Enscherange has been moved by a small watercourse. In this mill, cereals were reduced to bread flour up to 1954. The newly restored corn mill was named after the former owner Willy Racké, who always kept the mill in working order, even after its official closure.
Today’s visitors profit from this fact, as they still can get a general idea of an endangered rural craft.
Rackésmillen is not a conventional museum!
Today, it’s not by chance that wheat is always milled professionally in this place, and that buckwheat from the Our nature reserve is reduced to flour in a separate mill work. Besides, the visitor may have a look at an exhibition dedicated to the production of tanning bark and to tannery, as well as at a shoemaker’s workshop. All of these elements are witnesses of the local industrial history relating to days gone by.
Visits on request!
€ 6,00 per head
Don’t miss it...
Mill festival at Rackésmillen, every 2nd Sunday in August!
Info and reservation:
Tourist Center Robbesscheier asbl1, FrummeschgaassL-9766 Munshausen
Tel: 92 17 45-1 | firstname.lastname@example.org